If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll have a picnic. 如果明天不下雨,我们就去野餐。 |
Children are What the mothers are. 耳濡目染,身教言传。 |
Have you got it? 明白了吗? |
I didn’t realize how much this meant to you. 我不知道这对你的意义有这么大。 |
Kings go mad and the people suffer for it. 君王发狂,百姓遭殃。 |
The sea sparkled in the sunlight. 阳光下,大海波光粼粼。 |
Please check the date. 请核实一下日期。 |
What have you been doing since I saw you last time? |
You’re the boss. 听你的。 |
午餐节省,晚餐丰盛。 He that saveth his dinner will have the more for his supper. |
家规再严,事端难免。 Accidents will happen in the best regulated families. |
知识是一座宝库,而实践就是开启宝库的钥匙。 Knowledge is a treasure. but practice is the key to it . |
人不可貌相。 You can't judge a tree by its bark. |
羊多必有黑羊;人多必有败类。 There is a black sheep in every flock. |
没有时间娱乐的人,迟早得有时间生病。 People who cannot find time for recreation are Obliged sooner or later to find time for illness. |
你最喜欢的食物是什么? What's your favorite food? |
不要既陪野兔奔跑,又随猎狗追捕。 Don't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. |
这个地区以土壤肥沃著称。 This area is noted for its rich soil. |
在这一点上,我不能同意你的意见。 I cannot agree with you on this point. |
deficiency n. 缺乏,不足;缺陷 |
brew v. 酿造,调制 |
flesh n. 肉,肉体,果肉 |
nevertheless ad. 然而,不过,仍然 |
timidity n. 胆怯 |
insulate vt. 使绝缘,使绝热,隔离 |
shepherd n. 牧羊人;vi. 带领,照看 |
poverty n. 贫困,贫穷 |